Friends of Highland Recreation Area Annual Meeting Wednesday
2016 Annual Meeting, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Wednesday, November 2
Huron Valley Council for the Arts Building
205 West Livingston Road, Highland, MI 48357 (248) 889-8660
The Board of Directors of the Friends of Highland Recreation Area (FOHRA) would like to welcome its Members and the public to the 2016 FOHRA Annual Meeting and Social. Our yearly event showcases FOHRA’s volunteer activity at Edsel and Eleanor Ford’s former Haven Hill estate within the Highland State Recreation Area.
2016 Meeting Highlights
Guest Speaker Mr. Mark Campbell of the Henry Ford Heritage Association will be presenting
“The Impact of Henry Ford”. FOHRA member Jay Fitzgerald will give a special presentation about the Ford Model A automobile as an introduction to a special award for the Livingston A’s driving club.
• 6:30 – 7:00 pm: Sign-In and Social
Guestbook Sign-In. Enjoy visiting with FOHRA members and seeing some informative Haven Hill exhibits. Appetizers, desserts, and light beverages will be served.
• 7:00 – 7:15 pm: Welcome: FOHRA Annual Business Meeting
2016 Good Evening & Welcome, Required Votes - FOHRA President; - Dick Russell
• 7:15 – 7:35 pm “The Impact of Henry Ford”: A Presentation by Mr. Mark Campbell of the Henry Ford Heritage Association. Come and enjoy Mark’s presentation about the impact of Henry Ford on people of the world.
• 7:35 – 7:45 pm: Special Presentation: Pettibone Creek Questers – The Pettibone Creek Questers will make a special presentation at the Annual Meeting
• 7:45 – 8:00 pm: Presentation: “The Model A Ford Automobile” – Jay Fitzgerald. A history of the Model A and Edsel’s role in its development and production.
• 8:00 – 8:15 pm: Special Presentation: The FOHRA Presidents Award and Special Gift to the Livingston A’s
• 8:15 – 8:30 pm: Overview of Future Programs – Dick Russell
FOHRA Focus for late fall 2016 and 2017 future.
• 8:30 pm: Adjournment
• 8:30 - 8:45 pm: Light Refreshments and Desserts Among “Friends”
FOHRA is committed to supporting the Highland State Recreation Area by assisting and promoting interpretive, scientific, historical, and educational visitor services.