During this year's Haven Hill Festival on Saturday, August 24, the Friends of Highland Recreation Area are hosting an 1860's exhibition Base Ball game at Goose Meadow. The game is open to area base ball players who would like to learn about and play the game the way it was played in the 1860's.
- Play in an 1860’s Era Historic Exhibition Base Ball Game at Highland State Recreation Area. No glove required!
- Come learn the history and basic rules of 1860’s base ball. Enjoy the way the game was originally played.
- Free 1860 style base ball hat and a free hotdog lunch for ball players! Ball players only please.
- Game day is Saturday, August 24. Players must report at 12 noon at the Haven Hill Festival at the Goose Meadow ball field in Highland State Recreation Area. The game begins at 1:00 pm.
- Men and women. Age 13 and older please. New players must attend a 1 hour practice session in advance of game day. Dates to be announced. Practices will be in the beginning of August.
Contact us if you want to play ball...
2013 Haven Hill Festival, Saturday, August 24.
Sponsored by the Friends of Highland Recreation Area. Call (248) 961-2180 and visit www.havenhillfestival.com for more information.
Everyone in your family can attend the Haven Hill Festival and enjoy the wonderful park and the base ball game at 1:00 pm at the Goose Meadow ball field!
Recreation Passport required for state park entry.
Highland State Recreation Area 5200 Highland Road (M-59), White Lake/Highland, Michigan.